I’m pretty sure even if you don’t have a background in sales and marketing you’ve heard of the term “sales funnel“.
So what is a sales funnel?
A sales funnel is basically a step-by-step process to turn your cold prospect into a warm prospect and you do that by building a relationship with them so they begin to know, like and trust you.
If you look at the title of this blog post you’ll notice I used the term online sales funnel. Well an online sales funnel is no different than a sales funnel offline because it basically serves one purpose and that is to turn a cold prospect into a warm one.
The best way to get people into your online sales funnel is to drive traffic so that’s where we’ll start.
The first step is to figure out what marketing strategy you want to begin utilizing to drive traffic into your sales funnel. There are different methods and strategies you can use, including:
- Article Marketing
-Social Media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
These are just a couple of marketing strategies to give you an idea but the main thing is to focus on one of these strategies and master it.
The second step is to capture your visitor’s contact information which will then be put into your contact manager with what ever autoresponder service you plan to go with. There are a couple to choose from like Aweber, Icontact, and Getresponse, I personally use Aweber but it’s up to you, you can’t go wrong with any of the three.
The third step is to build a relationship with your prospects on an ongoing basis and you do that with your email autoresponder like I mentioned above. This is what I call making better use of your time because you can followup with your prospects on complete autopilot. As long as you lead with value you’ll be on the right track.
The fourth step is to keep providing value to your list by sharing with them any valuable training you’ve picked up along the way as an online network marketer. Share valuable tips, training, articles and videos. Maybe you have a blog, facebook fan page or a twitter profile you can send them to, the choice is up to you. As long as your connecting with them on a consistent basis and providing value you’ll be fine.
The fifth step is to introduce them to your primary business. At this point you should of built a strong relationship with your prospects. Relationships are key in this industry, we all know that people join people not business opportunities.
What you’re missing out on if you don’t have a sales funnel!
The problem that you see today is that a lot of people begin at the END of the sales funnel by promoting their opportunity, that isn’t effective for most people in general, that should be the last thing you bring up, I know building a network marketing business should be the end goal but there is a time and place for that just not at the beginning. Here are a couple things your missing out on if you do lead with your opportunity and don’t have a sales funnel in place:
1. The numbers don’t lie, 97% of the people you talk to about your business will say no. If all you do is lead with your opportunity with no sales funnel in place every no is a prospect you’ve lost.
2. You never have a chance to really build a real relationship with your prospects, once they say no they’re gone. It just gets harder and harder the more times you approach them with your opportunity.
3. Why not earn from the prospects that actually say no to your opportunity, can you say multiple streams of income!
4. What happens when you run out of people to talk to? If you don’t have a sales funnel in place you basically have one shot at recruiting some one into your business, with a sales funnel in place you’ve built a relationship with your prospects and lead with value, maybe they’re not ready to join your network marketing business now, but what about in 2 to 3 months?
So what should be your next move? Get your sales funnel up and running and I’ll see you at the top!
If you found this post useful don’t forget to share it with your following on Facebook,Twitter, or Google+
Recent visitors found me with these search terms:
- sales funnel
- sales funnel diagram
- sales funnel picture
- marketing sales funnel
- sales diagram
- sale funnel
- funnel sales
- opportunity funnel
- multi level marketing sales