It can be a challenge to find article marketing tips that are of any use. A lot of the information you see online is outdated and it seems like google is changing their algorithms on an ongoing basis keeping us internet marketers on our toes constantly. With that being said article marketing is still an awesome way to generate traffic and sales for the long term, it’s virtually free to do besides a couple small investments you’ll have to make buying tools that will leverage your time and maximize your results.
For those who don’t know what article marketing is it’s basically creating articles to syndicate them to the various article directories on the internet with the intention of driving traffic to a money site you own like a blog or a lead capture page. Doing this will also create backlinks to your site and boost your ranking on the major search engines. Which will eventually lead to passive leads , sales and distributors in your business if done correctly.
Here are a couple of article marketing tips to get you started right!
1. Write unique content as much as you can. Google loves unique content, you know content that allows your own personality to shine,this is absolutely crucial!
2. Picking the right keywords to create your content around is half the battle, google has a free keyword tool you can use when you first start out. You want to go after the keywords that have low competition and high search volume.
3. Your on-page SEO is important, for the simple fact that having a ton of backlinks pointing to crappy content that isn’t optimized for popular keywords is pointless. You can check out an article I wrote on on-page SEO right here
4. Maximize your off-page SEO, aka backlinks. These are the sites that link to your articles, these are what google considers votes of approval.
5. You want to leverage as much of your article marketing efforts as you possibly can so you can focus on more of the important things like prospecting and recruiting. Article Marketing Robot and Unique Article Wizard are some powerful article submitters to have in your arsenal.
6. To spin or not to spin? I’ve heard a lot of differing opinions on this subject but I think you should have your best content on your blog, meaning it shouldn’t be spun content. I don’t think there is anything wrong with spinning content that you syndicate to article directories and I don’t think google does either, as long as it’s readable.
7. Write often. The more you write the easier it gets. You should try to write a blog post every day if you can, consistency will trump talent every day of the week.
8. You want to try to keep your articles around 500 to 600 words, you don’t want to have articles too long to the point where your readers lose interest.
9. Social Media Syndication. I recently started to use a site called tribepro. This is a powerful community of bloggers that syndicate each others content to the various social bookmarking sites to create massive backlinks, you can check out an article I wrote on subject right here.