In this post I want to go over 5 different ways you can get banned by facebook and get thrown in “facebook jail”. If you don’t know when you get put in facebook jail it means you lose certain privileges like sending friend requests, sending facebook messages and things like that. Every time you get banned by facebook it counts as a strike against you so keep that in mind. Let’s get started shall we?
1. Sending messages to people you don’t know – You can actually get banned for sending messages to people you don’t know. I just got word from a facebook expert that it takes around 3 or 4 people marking your message as spam to get thrown into facebook jail. Try not to message people you don’t know. My advice would be to set up a facebook fan page if you want to message people and do business on facebook.
2. Using a Facebook feature too fast – Another way to get thrown in facebook jail is using the features on facebook too fast. So for example, if you’re on Robert Kiyosaki’s fan page and your responding to everybody in the group too fast you might get a warning from facebook to slow down or you could get banned for a few days. It doesn’t look natural if your in these groups liking everything as you’re going down the feed, keeps things natural.
3. Requesting friends that you don’t know – When you send out a friend request to people facebook actually keeps track of how many of them haven’t been accepted. If you accumulate to many pending friend requests you can actually get banned for a week or even a month and in some cases. The best way to add friends on facebook is to interact with people on their pages (liking their status updates,sharing,commenting), do this and naturally you’ll get people sending YOU friend requests.
4. Copying and pasting multiple posts on different pages – Another way you can get banned on facebook is by copying content from one page and pasting it on another. I’ve seen people get content from their personal page and copy it to their facebook fan page, don’t do it! This actually creates duplicate content on facebook. You can actually get your URL marked as spam and get it blocked.
5. Sharing your links – This is one should go without saying. There’s nothing wrong with sharing your links but make sure you’re providing value in your status updates. Always mix in a little content when you’re sharing your links. If all of your links are promotional in nature you’ll turn people off and eventually get banned, it’s inevitable!
At the end of the day it’s about building relationships with people and providing value. Keep that in mind with everything you do on facebook and a profitable business you shall have!
Want more information on what NOT to do on Facebook so you keep your account in good standing?
Check out this 1 hour and 45 minute webinar with THE best Facebook Marketer on the planet showing you ONE thing: How to Avoid the #1 Most DANGEROUS FaceBook Mistake that Guarantees you Lose Your FB Privileges and Gets YOU thrown in the FaceBook Slammer!
If you found this post useful don’t forget to share it with your following on Facebook,Twitter, or Google+
P.S. If you’ve had it with the “grind” and want a simple, step
by step formula that can have you generating your own leads
in 24 to 48 hours,click here to check out the system I use.